We tried the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party during our last trip to Walt Disney World. Like I did in the previous post, I'll do a pro and con section for you below. Overall, I'll say it was a great experience. We are NOT crowd people and it was nice to have elbow room and a more relaxed area to watch the show. I will say, having also done the Pirates and Pals experience, I discussed in an earlier blog, I think I enjoyed both, but for different reasons and would definitely recommend either to you to try. I doubt you will regret it.
- The LINE to get in was surprisingly long. I was annoyed when we showed up an hour before Wishes and had an enormous line to wait in. Watching people get prime seating while waiting to check in was not a magical experience.
- It is still a pretty tight fit. Tables are really close together and it is hard to get in and out to go grab those yummy deserts and drinks.
- I was under the impression you could see the Main Street Electrical Parade from the dessert party. Well, you can 'see' it, but it is NOT ideal by any stretch. We've seen it enough times to not really care, but if you haven't seen it, don't expect to be able to sit at your table eating deserts, sipping coffee and be able to see it clearly. It is at a distance and there are people, grass areas, and trees between you and the street. At least that was our experience.
- Even with the long wait, we still had a GREAT view of the castle.
- Tink flew right over our heads!!
- The view, did I mention the view?
- The food . . . delicious!! Literally something for everyone
- The drinks . . . Sparkling cider, Hot drinking chocolate, Signature lemonades, Coffee, Tea
- Though it was FULL, it was so much better to be sitting and snacking than to be up in that crowd.
- The exit . . . when it comes time to leave, you are lead out mostly away from the crowds mass exodus. Which is also a very nice bonus.
- I enjoyed the relaxing scene so much that I didn't want to ruin it by taking gobs of photos, which is SO unlike me. I do have a few. Never was able to get a good photo of my dessert plate. It was just so dark and the flash just made it whitewashed, so sorry about that.