Just a short Blog today about our 2 stays at The Hyatt Regency at the Orlando International Airport. We stayed here before our cruise and also on the debarkation day. I found that flights were quite expensive to fly home that day, so we stayed the night and flew home the next day.
We had a fairly early flight from home to Orlando. We arrived before 1PM and immediately grabbed our bags from baggage claim, then headed back up to check-in at the Hyatt. Technically all we were doing was grabbing our key and room location, as I did online check-in before we arrived.
To my surprise and delight, our room was ready. They gave us a DCL envelope with instructions for our checked bags for the cruise and were told to bring that paperwork with us the next morning when we checked-in with Disney Cruise Line.
We dropped our bags and headed to eat at McCoy's down beside the hotel lobby. The food was good, but a bit pricey, no surprise there.
It was nice to relax and visit the pool and know that we are where we need to be to be taken on our cruise the next day. The convenience factor was BIG.
Upon returning after our cruise, I also did online check-in and again, our room was ready when we got here and we were quite early. Like around 10AM early. I was ready to go home at this point and SO tired. The return stay wasn't as fun, for this reason. Still was convenient and all the other nice things, I was just not interested in being a traveler anymore.
Pictures of the room and rooftop pool are below.
- DCL Checked-Luggage Pick Up Service For Disney Transportation to Port
- Surprisingly NOT as noisy as I thought it would be AT ALL (occasional loud speaker muffled announcements)
- Freshly Refurbished Rooms
- Lots of SHOPPING at airport
- Food Court
- Nice Pool
- Can be pricey
- No easy way to get to rooms on opposite side of atrium. Fairly long walk around. (Suggest getting help with baggage)
- Upon leaving to return home: had to take bags all the way down to Southwest gate to check our bags, then go back up to go through security. Kind of a pain in the butt. Wished they had luggage service for flights too. And FYI- mornings, even 5AM mornings are BUSY at security at Orlando airport. Plan accordingly.
Have YOU stayed here before? What were your pros/cons? Feel free to comment here or on Facebook. Extra points if I booked it for you!
Below are photos of all our checked bags waiting to be picked up starting at 8:30 AM on the day of embarkation. We simply took what we were carrying on the ship, headed down and grabbed a quick breakfast, then checked-in down at the Disney Cruise Bus Terminal.
Once checked-in we were given a character photo stapled to our booklet to be used to sort people into loading groups. We were on the first bus out, literally pulling our by 9:26AM. They did ask to see our paperwork given to us upon check-in at the Hyatt. This was to make sure our luggage was gathered and loaded onto the ship. (and it was).
Overall, I'd say staying at the Hyatt was a GREAT idea and I would and will do it again. I enjoyed the ease of it all and it was a great way to begin and end our trip.
I'd be happy to book this or ANY other Hyatt reservation for you. (yes, I do that too)