Whats important to us when planning?
1. Where we stay
2. how crowded will it be
That's pretty much it. We learned after our first trip that we need a full week in Florida. That gives us 2 days for travel (coming from north of the mason-dixon) and 6 days worth of park action. Normally we don't plan on visiting a park the day we arrive, but this year, we are splurging a bit by staying in a deluxe resort near epcot, and booking an early arriving flight. (more on the resort choice in a later blog)
Our Dining reservations were booked precisely on the 180 day mark. I will discuss those choices in a later blog, as well. I've already changed and rearranged them several times and will most-likely continue that pattern until we actually sit down to eat.
So with nothing left to do but wait for my 60 day fastpass reservation window to open, what's a disney-crazed mom to do?? Well, this mom plans out our clothes. Not kidding.
Today I started working on the t-shirts we will all wear while we are there. I either create or purchase digital images, then have a company put them on shirts for us all to wear. My reluctant husband even plays along, which is honestly quite remarkable. Ask anyone.
The first year I did this, I had so much fun looking for images and talking my husband into wearing themed shirts. Here's our last collection. Note the steelers shirts. those sealed the deal. we will get new ones for this trip
So this weekend, I started the 'what are we going to wear to disney ' campaign. It always follows 'what are we going to eat at disney ' campaign, by about 1 month.
Here's how it's going so far:
- I want to do at least 1 Disney bound (google Disney bound, you'll see what i mean) outfit for myself and my daughter. mine will be Minnie mouse themed (simply black shirt, red shorts, red shoes) and hers will be Mabel from gravity falls. I made her shirt design today and will have it put on a shirt with our others closer to trip time.
- We are getting Star Wars themed Mouse Head shirts made. Haven't decided on the characters just yet.
- There is a new Dining experience at Hollywood Studios called Club Villain. I'm all over that, so naturally, we need Disney Villain shirts. I'm working on that too.
- New Steeler's Mouse Head shirts for all 3 of us. Daughter didn't get one last time. She was not happy about that.
- We are also considering "Inside Out" character shirts. If I can get my girl to make BingBong or Anger for my husband, it's a go.