Disney's Contemporary Resort
Theme Park View, Club Level
Atrium Club Level
For my family, YES! I really enjoy going to get my morning coffee with all the fixins including french vanilla in liquid form from a pump and the Mickey shaped sugars. The view is awesome and seating is plenty, or you can take it back to your room.
We grabbed a quick breakfast everyday, and stopped in every time we returned from our park visits. Always grabbed a Coke or water and the daughter would grab veggies and dressing for a mid-day snack. One night she even insisted on some mashed potatoes before we headed to our dinner reservations.
The convenience of always being able to get food & drinks makes it 100% worth it to us- plus the concierge service itself is fantastic. You are welcomed with a big hello every time you return and a have a great day when you leave. The staff was helpful and informative and FRIENDLY.
The absolute BEST part was that our room was ready upon arrival- at 8:30AM. I had requested early check-in but that is never a sure thing- luckily it worked out. Such a relief not having to drop our bags with the baggage check- and instead have it in our room and to be able to freshen up from our EARLY flight that had us leaving our house at 3:30AM.
ALSO- there was a glitch in the My Disney Experience app one morning when I need to book Flight of Passage(FOP) for our Animal Kingdom visit. At 7AM, FOP wasn't showing up at all on the app to purchase as an Individual Lightning Lane. It just wasn't an option- a glitch. I immediately went to the Concierge desk- conveniently located down the hall from my room and Catie, the Concierge Queen, pulled out her laptop and saw it was available- had me grab my credit card- and we were able to add it on the spot. Had we not been on concierge level, I would have been on the phone with Disney, likely fairly mad, because without Catie's help I wouldn't have known it was an app glitch and that it was available online. In fact, when we were on the bus heading to Animal Kingdom, another visitor was worried because they had to call to get their FOP reservation and it STILL wasn't showing up after purchasing it on the app. They were worried it didn't go through. I was able to tell them to check on their phone's browser on the Disney website, instead of the app, and sure enough, their reservation showed up. I then told them to screenshot that sucker- because you need to have back up - always.
More details to follow . . .
- The LOCATION- can't be beat. We had the best view from our room, but really just by walking outside you can see the Electrical Water Pageant on the Seven Seas Lagoon and the fireworks from Magic Kingdom and even from Epcot. If staying club level- you don't need a theme park view room- because you can watch the fireworks from the Atrium Club with the music piped in from Magic Kingdom, while munching on delicious desserts and having an evening drink.
- The Monorail- again BEST way to easily get in and especially BACK from Magic Kingdom and fairly simple to get to/from Epcot. Still must rely on bus for Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom- or better yet- take an Uber, Lyft, or Minnie Van. If there is a downside (but not really) you do have to ride all the way around and stop at the transportation hub, the Polynesian, then the Grand Floridian to get to Magic Kingdom - but I actually enjoyed this little ride each time. And the BEST part is when you are ready to leave- very little wait for the monorail and you are the first stop coming back.
- The Food- more on that later.
- The Room decor- the addition of the Incredibles theming is just so cute. I loved it.
- Ability to walk to Magic Kingdom if you choose. I never chose this option- but daughter and husband walked over one evening to speed through the park to hit all the rides they could, while I stayed and enjoyed the fireworks from our balcony.