Disney will always be growing and changing. That is the way Walt planned it. So keep that in mind if you think of Disney as a been there done that. I was here just over 2 years ago and the entire World of Avatar was just being built, Soarin' was being reimagined as Soarin' Around the World, Frozen Ever After was under construction, and not to be left out, the recently opened new Toy Story Land with 2 new rides, Slinky Dog Dash and Alien Swirling Saucers, was still a mystery to come. So on this trip I had several new-to-me experiences, even though I have been there done that too.
A few new must see attractions/events started on Jan 18th, while we were here:
- The new “Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party” will parade up Main Street, U.S.A. several times daily. You can meet Mickey and Minnie together – in their new birthday outfits – in Town Square Theater.
- Hollywood Studios began celebrating the park’s 30th anniversary with The Incredibles, who will host a dance party at Pixar Avenue. A NEW meet and greet with the one and only Edna Mode is also located there!! You will also have the chance to meet Mike and Sulley from Disney Pixar’s “Monsters, Inc.” and Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Jessie and the rest of the gang are ready to welcome you into Andy’s backyard at the new Toy Story Land.
- Disney on Broadway Concert Series Expands During Epcot International Festival of the Arts – This celebration runs Jan. 18-Feb. 25. This year, the Disney on Broadway Concert Series will expand to seven days a week. The festival also will feature 13 Food Studios, a variety of workshops led by artists, interactive exhibits and activities, and much more.
- “The Lion King” Roars Again at Disney’s Animal Kingdom – 2019 marks the 25th anniversary of the animated classic “The Lion King.” Rafiki and Timon will lead you in dances and games during the “Hakuna Matata Time Dance Party” on Discovery Island.
After our presentations we visited and extensively toured the following resorts:
- Disney's Wilderness Lodge- Dined at Whispering Canyon
- Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & SPA
I added a few photos below. I will do a separate BLOG for the resort visits and dining.
Feel free to give us a LIKE and/or comment. Also, click on that f below to follow us on Facebook, or JOIN NOW to be added to our mailing list.
A Sneak Peek at Disney's Contemporary Resort
- Celebrate the 30th anniversary of Disney’s Hollywood Studios – On May 1, Walt Disney World Resort will celebrate the 30th anniversary of Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The park is honoring this achievement all year with a new 30th anniversary logo and other fun and excitement
- Say Adios to IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth – After nearly 20 years at Epcot entertaining guests, this nighttime spectacular ends later this year. Now, more than ever, you’ll want to spend one last evening around World Showcase Lagoon celebrating this classic show that began back in October 1999. **MORE on this later as we ended our whirlwind AEP at a dessert party viewing IllumiNations at the China Pavilion area of Epcot. (photos to follow)**
- Jaleo Cooks Up Fresh Tastes at Disney Springs – Chef José Andrés will cook up the flavors of Spain in Disney Springs with his new Jaleo restaurant, opening this winter.
- Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival – returns March 6-June 3.
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy at Disney’s Hollywood Studios –When this new show experience opens this spring, you'll see Lightning McQueen, who will teach you about racing from his years of experience on the track. This will be the untold story of Lightning McQueen … as told by Lightning McQueen!
- Explore Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – Perhaps the MOST EXCITING NEWS--Live your own Star Wars adventure when this deeply immersive land opens at Disney’s Hollywood Studios this fall. You’ll explore Black Spire Outpost on the planet Batuu, where you’ll find all manner of new sights, sounds, smells, tastes, characters and creatures from a galaxy far, far away. The land will also feature two thrilling new attractions: Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, and Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. (Opening this summer at Disneyland Resort)
- Take a Ride on Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway – Opening later this year at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, this will be the first ride-through attraction themed to Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse. It will feature a new original story and lovable theme song, taking you on a journey inside the wacky and unpredictable world of Disney Channel’s Mickey Mouse cartoon shorts. New technologies will transform the two-dimensional cartoon world into an astounding multi-dimensional experience. (No glasses required!)
- And So Much More . . .