- Believe it or not, Bed Size. I'm not kidding. Value resorts have mostly double beds. My husband and I love each other, but you know what keeps our marriage strong, sleep. He doesn't want me all up in his business and I don't want him all up in mine for an entire week on vacation after a full day in theme parks. We have a king size bed at home and yeesh, the thought of a double bed for a week is not happening for us, if we can help it. ALL moderate resorts have queen size beds and some rooms have a king size bed.
- Price. Of all the moderate resorts, I have found that Port Orlean's Riverside tends to have the best prices. The moderates generally cost about the same, but it must be an availability issue, because almost every quote I do, or every time we are shopping for ourselves, POR has the best prices.
- Location. What is close by? Well, for PO-Riverside, it is closest to Epcot, but to be honest every value and moderate, and many deluxe resorts consists of a bus ride to and from theme parks and that is not necessarily the the happiest ride on earth. BUT at POR, there is an added bonus of the boat rides through the canal system. Just a 20 or so minute boat ride takes you to Disney Springs. You make a stop or two on the way, but it is really a nice relaxing ride along a beautiful canal system that highlights DIsney's resort setting. It has literally been the reason we've come back to POR.
Disney's Yacht Club
- Bed size, check, 2 queen beds.
- price. Check, We actually got a really great rate for this deluxe resort.
- Locations. Check Check Check. THIS was the deciding factor this year. we are not only staying in a deluxe resort, but it is located on the backside of Epcot and within walking distance to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios. My first choice was The Grand Floridian, but the husband wasn't as keen on it, then when the child saw photos of the pool area, I knew my dreams of fancy Pants Grand Floridian were over.