Literally the best experience offered at Disney along with the now no longer available, Early Morning Magic. Both are paid entries to the parks- one After Closing, and the other Before Opening. After Hours has returned, but Early Morning Magic has not come back since the world shut down. Hopefully it too shall make a come back. (Follow this link for my review of Early Morning Magic) If this event ever returns- I HIGHLY recommend it.
What is After Hours?
Basically, it is when the theme parks stay open for 3 extra hours after the park closes for Guests with special event tickets to attend Disney After Hours.
With a ticket to Disney After Hours, you can explore one of the theme parks with lower wait times for attractions AND with ice cream novelties, popcorn and select beverages—included with the cost of admission.
The last time I did an After Hours event was during my on-site agent training January of 2019. It was at Magic Kingdom and the only thing I would change is to have had my family there. See my review HERE.
I was SO excited to see that this event has returned and is being offered at 2 parks during our stay. My husband & daughter REALLY wanted the Hollywood Studios(HS) event so they can ride Rockin Roller Coaster (if it is finished with refurbishment) AND Tower of Terror. I want to finally ride all the new Star Wars rides. I am most looking forward to Epcot After Hours because of the 2 new rides- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind and Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure, and my most loved- Soarin’ Around the World.
This will take SO MUCH pressure off me feeling like I have to be on top of *Genie+ to book all the rides at both of those parks. Now, I can focus on using it well while at Magic Kingdom. We will return to BOTH HS & Epcot parks later in the week for After Hours, with much smaller crowds and be able to ride everything without the long waits or the need for Genie+ or Individual Lightning Lanes purchases . To me that makes the additional cost so worth it.
I plan to write a detailed review upon return. Until then, our plan is to spend 4 days in the parks. Tentative plans below.
Day 1- Arrival Day (VERY EARLY FLIGHT) Magic Kingdom
- Check in to The Contemporary- Hopefully make it to Magic Kingdom at or close to rope drop. I will pay for Genie+ & Individual Lightning Lane(ILL) in advance & will have booked my first ride & ILL at 7AM during travel. No plans for park hoping, but we'll see.
Day 2- Hollywood Studios(HS)/ Park Hop to ??
- Plan to keep this a leisurely day. Maybe head to Disney Springs for a little bit.
- This might be a good Epcot park hop day
- Haven't decided if I will purchase Genie+ or not for this day.
- May consider changing this to our Animal Kingdom(AK) day??
Day 3- Animal Kingdom/After Hours- HS
- Maybe Pre-purchase Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane so we can ride Everest, Safari, & Flight of Passage for sure- fairly quickly- then head out.
- After Hours Hollywood Studios- ride EVERYTHING.
- If we do AK on Day 2 this day is kind of up in the air- except for After Hours
Day 4- Magic Kingdom/After Hours- Epcot
- Likely another Genie+ and ILL day.
That is all for now.